PEOPLE FIRST – Conduct fair, accurate and transparent elections to increase public participation and confidence
The San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division is seeking seasonal Election Worker – Office Assistants to assist in the upcoming November 5, 2019 Consolidated Municipal, School, and Special District Election.
The Elections Division is a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a group of dynamic, well-organized, and highly efficient individuals committed to the democratic process.
We are currently seeking dedicated and hard-working individuals for the temporary, full-time position of Office Assistant to be hired into one of five areas:
Clerical Support/Vote by Mail
- Data entry
- Assembling election supplies
- Assembling and processing of Vote by Mail ballot packets
- Counting ballots
- Operating voting equipment
Customer Service/Phone Bank
- Assisting voters in finding election material and understanding their voting opportunities over the phone
- Demonstrating voting equipment
- Registering voters
- Presenting information about the upcoming election
- Helping function test voting equipment
- Assisting in delivery and pickup of voting equipment at Vote Centers
- Inventorying and packing/unpacking Vote Center supplies
- May also help with delivering supplies to Vote Centers
Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin and/or Cantonese, Tagalog/Filipino, or Korean is preferred in areas 1 - 3 but not required.
The Election Worker is classified as an Office Assistant. The hourly wage for the Election Worker – Office Assistant is $19.12.
NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment. Overtime is expected.