Job DescriptionJob #: 199255
If you are an experienced Electric Dispatcher looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Electric Dispatcher. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Electric Dispatcher will include:
- Analyzes trouble and scheduled maintenance work and determine schedule or dispatch work or trouble crews as appropriate. Works as a team member with CCS/DSS, ICS, PDO Area Leaders, and Lines Analysts to determine field personnel assignments (dispatch) and adjusts assignments to meet current work needs (during routine, storm, or emergency situations). Receives distribution trouble calls from company personnel. Determines location of trouble, analyze cause, advise on cost of corrective measures or routes trouble report to appropriate company unit for action. Trains others using on-the-job-training (OJT) methods. Adheres to productivity measures and follows work unit policy. Support goals, measures, targets, budgets, and adheres to company policy. Builds customer loyalty by providing superior service to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of all internal and external customers.
- 1. 75% Monitor, use and analyze OAS/CIS, WMS, data loggers, and customer call-backs to determine current work needs and existing resource status (application) to prioritize and coordinate field personnel to maintenance, public safety and trouble work. Records work completion status and input status to OAS/CIS and WMS as required.
- 2. 15% Reads circuit maps and construction standards (details) to be able to determine physical location of work and proper arrangements for materials, respectively; while considering work safety and equipment requirements.
- 3. 5% Coordinates the work of Associate Planner-Work Organizer/Dispatchers and others during storm emergencies.
- 4. 5% Calls out crews as work dictates. Meets legal requirements by adhering to current overtime callout lists and by reporting all public and employee safety incidents to appropriate management.
- The above percentages are a gross breakdown for EM&D and may not represent the specific percentages for a given job posting.
- Leadership Action
- This job requires making recommendations for training and giving work direction and/or managing work flow.
- New Programs & Supervisory Responsibility This job has a role in building consensus or support for the implementation of new programs, initiatives or solutions. This job does not require the responsibility of managing or leading others.
As a Electric Dispatcher you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Administrative Services Skills
- This job requires a working knowledge of internal customer service. Additionally, this job requires an advanced knowledge of CRT/keyboard usage, data entry, telephone skills, and timekeeping/pay practices.
- External Customer Relations Skills
- This job requires a working knowledge of complaint resolution and customer service. Additionally, this job requires an advanced knowledge of service restoration.
- Facilities/Logistics Skills
- This job requires an advanced knowledge of dispatching.
- General Management and Human Resources Skills
- This job requires a working knowledge of employee communications. Additionally, this job requires an advanced knowledge of safety.
- Information Technology Skills
- This job requires a working knowledge of computer operations.
- Operations/Maintenance/Construction Skills
- This job requires a working knowledge of blueprints/drawings/schematics and transmission/distribution.
- Education Level and Job-related Experience
- High school Diploma or equivalent is required. The preferred formal education level is high school or equivalent. The minimum prior job-related experience necessary to do this job is two years, but less than three years. To be fully proficient in this job, at least five years but less than seven years prior job-related experience is necessary.
As a Electric Dispatcher with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Electric Dispatcher Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!