Job Title: RN ICU (Registered Nurse)
Location: Morristown, NJ- 07960
Duration: 3+ months
Shift: Hours per week- 36
Hours per Day- 12
Days per Week- 3
· Assessment skills. Has competent knowledge of all the normal stages of growth and development from Paediatric to Geriatric and delivers patient care appropriately.
· Performs thorough assessments that are systematic, comprehensive, and accurate.
· Clinical Skills. Consistently demonstrates competent clinical skills. Performs direct patient care activities in support of patient care delivery and team concept. Provides competent and appropriate nursing care to the population of the unit.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skill of emergency equipment and procedures.
· Documentation. Maintains complete and accurate documentation.
· Assumes primary responsibility for documenting components of the nursing process and patient's progress toward meeting outcomes in the patient's chart including patient education.
· Professionalism. Demonstrates professional practice responsibility. Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures and can identify areas for clinical and professional growth.
· Patient Satisfaction. Consistently responds to patient's/families and co-workers in a professional, courteous, positive manner to promotes an environment where the patient and family is at the center and the patient care team works cooperatively toward their goal and objectives. Maintains confidentiality according to HIPPA guidelines.
· Patient Education and Chart Completion. Assesses patient's understanding of surgical procedure/instructions, actively including the patient and family members in teaching. Performs pre-operative and postoperative assessment and education.
· Duties Specific to PAT RN. Supports the completion of patient testing in a timely manner. Evaluates Preadmission Testing (PAT) orders for appropriateness and for potential omissions based on proposed surgery, patient age, and current state of health
Education & certifications:
- RN License - Required
- BLS - Required
- ACLS - Required
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing Associates or bachelor’s degree – Preferred