Currently seeking Electrical Area Supervisor/Foreman with 6 or more years’ of experience for projects involving commercial/industrial electrical construction. Work will consist of installation, alterations, additions, and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment within the commercial and industrial electrical industry.
The Area Supervisor/Foreman Is directly responsible for leading and working along with a crew, which consists of Journeyman and/or helpers. This person will layout the work and make certain the materials; tools, equipment, and information are on the jobsite in the proper places, ahead of time. Scheduling the crew with the Superintendent and/or Project Manager. On smaller projects with only a designated supervisor, they will assume all the duties of a Project Supervisor.
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
- Assist Superintendent in planning work and schedules for proper manpower utilization
- Ability to assist Superintendent with providing on-site direction and leadership to workers
- Completes required paperwork and coding
- Initiates and monitors safety program
- Demonstrates efficient knowledge of trade by providing on-site direction, mentoring, training, and evaluation of crew
- Coordinates with other trades
- Prepares detail drawings for job
- Coordinates with the Project Manager
- Has direct communication with General Contractor
- Inspection – city
- Supervise and perform electrical duties using judgment and discretion.
- Ability to identify conflicts and resolve problems
- Inspect crews’ installations for quality, making sure code standards are met, and ensuring job safety
- Ensure that requested material is expedited and received as needed for the construction of project
- Provide periodic maintenance and proper storage of tools and equipment
- Create and communicate progress reports daily to ensure schedules are being followed
- Track and maintain production goals
- Other duties as required
- Must be a Safety True Believer
- Active Journeyman’s License required
- Basic computer skills, proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Bluebeam and Outlook
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Experience, and/or ability to learn and understand the estimating process
- Exposure to Accubid is preferred but not required
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills required
- Ability to be mobile to various locations and available to travel to project areas as project needs are required
- Willing to travel is preferred but not required
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D
- Current Texas journeyman license
- 6 year or more of relevant electrical experience leading large Industrial/Commercial jobs
- Must have a current driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Positively identify colors of wires.
- Comprehends reading and drawing prints and schematics.
- Bend conduit by hand with hand benders.
- Must use all power tools, saws, threaders, wire tuggers, hydraulic benders, and knockout punches.
- Capable of digging trenches, either by use of hand tools or power equipment.
- Able to operate equipment, trenchers, back hoe, and lift trucks in a safe manner – preferred but not required
- Practices and comprehends safe work procedures as outlined in the Cummings Electrical
- Construction Safety Policy Handbook, Haz-Com Policy, and Lockout/Tagout Policy.
- Operates two (2) handed tools/equipment, cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, and jack hammers.
- Operate company trucks with manual and automatic transmission.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, specifications, work site directions, blue prints, and written instructions.
- Operate and work from mechanical personnel lifts (electric or gas powered).
- Work energized circuits and equipment with company management approval as outlined in the Cummings Electrical Construction Safety Policy.
- Supervise assigned job site employees to complete project.
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, and snow.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all time (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 lbs.).
- Work from all type ladders (stepladders up to 14', "A" frame ladders, and all size extension ladders, carry, and relocate up to 12’ stepladders by one’s self
- Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1- 250 lbs., Class 1A - 300 lbs.).
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90' from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks or other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, and attics).
- Wear personal protective equipment (hardhat and safety glasses at all times), respirator when required.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
- Able to work mandated hours and overtime as required, and night shifts.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
- Lift 51 pounds, 20 times per day.
- Constantly moving on your feet.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Completing overhead work for full day assignments.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to gain access to all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction, but acceptable for use.
- Possess good vision (normal or corrected).
- Responsible for securing tools and materials from storage areas to complete their assigned tasks.
- Possess good hearing (normal or corrected).
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits offered; Health, Dental, Vision & 401K.
APPLICANTS: Please include a project list, detailing projects that you have worked on and include your designated title and valuation for each. Submissions received outside this process will not be considered.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.