Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That’s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec’s values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To prepare, assemble and install vehicle components to required specifications for Electrical departments.
- Read work orders and schematics to determine specifications for jobs.
- Locate and mark positions for lights, switches, brackets, relay solenoids, cables and other electrical apparatus.
- Drill holes and mount all specified electrical apparatus
- Make and install PDM's for all electrical accessories.
- Threads wiring and pre-assembled cables from under dash along frame, through holes to terminals of power source and connects to installed electrical apparatus.
- Tests all wiring for correct operation of electrical equipment.
- Perform rework as necessary to meet specifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot circuit failures.
- Provide quality and timely workmanship
- Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
Other tasks as assigned.
Team concept - be flexible from job to job to support schedule
- Keep a clean work area (5S).
- Assist co-workers and group leads as needed.
- Participate in RCI events.
- Ability to obtain Forklift certificate if required.
Responsibility for Safety:
- Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
High School Diploma or GED required.
Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics required.
Use drill, impact wrench, soldering gun, wire crimpers and various other hand tools to install equipment.
1 year experience handling electricity in a production environment with knowledge of schematics.
would prefer experience in installing alarm systems, radios, light/sirensand 12Volt (wiring capability).
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.