KHS USA Inc., a global leader in the packaging industry, has a career opportunity for an Electrical Assembler at the KHS USA, Inc. Waukesha location. The Electrical Assembler installs electrical wiring and assembles components in control panels and cabinets for KHS USA, Inc. machines.
SUMMARY : The Electrical Assembler installs electrical wiring and assembles components in control panels and cabinets for KHS USA machines.
- Reads electrical blueprints and installs components such as relays, controls and other type of controllers on electrical panels
- Lays out diagram for electrical installations according to wiring specifications.
- Receive parts kit from inventory; Examines parts for defects such as pinholes or chips.
- Cleanly route wiring to panel according to diagram
- Drills and taps holes in specified locations on the machine for mounting control units.
- Attaches breakers, relays, contactors, transformers, insulators, regulator cabinets, condenser units, motor and generator sets, meters, plugging devices, and fuse blocks to mounting holes with bolts and screws.
- Cuts, strips, bends, and forms wire cable, conduit, pipe, and tubing used to connect circuits and subassemblies.
- Uses a variety of electrical testing and gauging devices.
- Solders connections and crimps connectors to wire ends.
- Assists in testing and adjusting electrical assemblies.
- Troubleshoots problems with assembly of machine by interacting with Electrical Assembler II, supervisor or engineers.
- Records labor hours correctly using the Enterprise Resource Planning system.
Education and Experience
- Technical certificate from trade school; one to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to research drawings in drawing database program.
- Ability to use computer software to report labor on shop orders.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Fine motor skills including manual dexterity; good eye hand coordination.
Qualified Candidates please apply today!