EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Electrical Breaker Rebuild Technician
Job Summary: This is a highly skilled technician with a primary focus to rebuild large electrical breakers to exact standards while working safely. The job includes: testing, disassembly, repairs, corrections, cleaning, restoring and assembling of large electrical breakers. The position also requires detailed record keeping on all purchases, repairs, rebuilds and work performed. Candidate must be extremely detailed oriented and well organized in order to perform long range planning and work. Position also requires assisting with setting, adjusting and installation of breakers during shutdowns and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rebuilds breakers to exact standards
- Detailed planning and scheduling of rebuilds, orders, parts, and deliverables
- Performs troubleshooting, testing, and repairs as necessary
- Detailed record keeping on repairs, rebuilds, expenses and budget
- Assisting with troubleshooting in the field and installation during shutdowns and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- Successfully completed Apprenticeship Program. Must be 21 years old or older
- 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journeyman's license preferred.
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses and a valid driver's license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Will be required to use ladders, boom lifts, scissor lifts, fork trucks and other equipment to accomplish the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled