Electro-Mechanical Test Technician
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Reliability Test Center Lab Supervisor, this position is responsible for supporting the Reliability Test Center in the development and execution of reliability testing for all products. This position is responsible for lab test execution and report generation, fabrication of life cycle test fixtures and maintenance of equipment (electromechanical experience required). PCB adaptation and rework as needed and wire harness creation as required. In addition, instrumentation of systems to be used in testing of the products. This position also provides assistance to the engineering staff with equipment innovations and improvements, calibration and testing of prototype designs including software, electronics and electromechanical appliances. Proactive time management of individual task and overall workload along with weekly time reporting to support the needs of the business. Responsible for following good ESD work practices and disciplines, good work ethics, company policies, and safety regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reliability Test Center Duties:
- Handle equipment logistics for all outsourced lab testing.
- Review internal/external lab results with business unit engineering management.
- Execute Environmental testing such as temperature, humidity, vibration, EMC, salt spray and grease migration.
- Effectively communicate with Engineering Staff on unit performance and functionality issues.
- Follow test request / ticketing process to support business units.
- Create comprehensive test plans linked back to project requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and equipment; follow all 5S and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for calibration service setup, scheduling and quality records of all calibrated instruments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform electronic hardware validation and software validation testing.
- Electronic SMT PCB soldering and board rework as necessary.
- Troubleshooting and repair of electronic PCBs, electrical fixtures and electrometrical equipment.
- Perform thermal characterization of prototypes and pre-production assemblies.
- Assist in the development of tests and test fixtures.
- Design and fabrication of life cycle testers based on 3D CAD drawings and test requirement.
- Pneumatic experience a plus +
Qualifications and Competencies:
Minimum degree and required experience:
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering technology or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university and 4+ years executing engineering tests in a professional lab environment and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1+ years’ experience with electronic rework stations for soldering and part replacement in embedded designs.
Specific skills/competencies required:
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze circuit diagrams.
- Ability to define problems, interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions by applying principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of conceptual and practical problems.
- Ability to read, record, interpret, and/or create technical data and documents required.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD technical documentation relating to products and processes, and utilize the full range of mechanical, electronic, and software development equipment and systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and create electronic schematics and to modify PCB circuits as needed for test instrumentation and rework.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter. Work with minimal supervision and have a hands on approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to function as a “team player,” and work constructively and cooperatively with all departments in the interests of the business.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all organizational elements and motivate people in a positive, constructive manner.
- Make recommendations on process improvement, identify unsafe work practices and hazards
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to Multitask and excellent Organization Skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.