Electrical Construction Inspector- Job Description
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Electrical Construction Inspectors for our Las Vegas, Nevada office. AZTEC Engineering is performing as the Owner’s Engineer for the construction of a 237MWdc Photovoltaic Power Plant and Project substation in the Las Vegas, NV area.
The Inspector will carry out daily inspections and evaluation of the electrical, instrumentation and control works performed by the EPC contractor regarding fulfillment of the detailed Project design and helping addressing construction technical issues.
The detailed list of activities, under the guidance of the Electrical Supervisor and Construction Manager, is as follows:
- Understand and clarify responsibilities and guarantees of the EPC Contractor.
- Monitor EPC Contractor’s construction work for compliance with contractual requirements and approved design.
- Manage field engineering as required to support project execution and evaluate engineering solutions/execution alternatives provided by the EPC Contractor to specific construction issues.
- Attend daily project meetings on-site and provide support to the Electrical Supervisor in managing EPC Contractor work and resolving issues arising there from.
- Support Owner’s project management activities, including review of EPC’s monthly reports and providing information and engineering opinion to perform schedule analysis.
- Monitor EPC start-up, commissioning and testing activities to ensure contract requirements are met.
- Verify that as-built drawings are according to execution.
- Monitor completion of any punch list items by EPC.
- Transmit to the Off-Site engineering team those deviations that require specialized attention for resolution, collect corresponding reports and discuss resolution actions with Electrical Supervisor and EPC for implementation.
- Witness Plant sub-system testing (electrical, M&C), evaluate test conditions per existing testing procedures and verify fulfillment of test results per acceptability criteria. Document test reports for QA/QC purposes under Electrical Supervisor and Construction Manager instructions.
Electrical Construction Inspector- Required Skills:
- Electrical inspector with at least 3 years of experience in construction of ground based photovoltaic power plants
- BS in Electrical Engineering (4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of education)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Must be a good communicator and team player
- Must demonstrate ability to provide excellent client service
Working Conditions and Environment:
Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.
Construction / Building Inspector