Motor Controls Inc. (MCI) is a 39-year-old manufacturing company, based in Dallas, Texas.
We engineer, design, manufacture, and assemble industrial electrical control panels and systems, UL Listed, NEMA rated electrical cabinets, structural metal fabrications, water treatment equipment, turf irrigation pumping systems, and municipal water pumping stations.
Our philosophy, of build rather than buy has allowed us to assemble an extraordinary team of engineers, designers, programmers, technicians, skilled trades, machine operators, and support staff.
If you would like to join a company and team of approximately 300 people, that is dynamic, growing and, believes in providing and encouraging the opportunity of advancement, please let us hear from you.
Our guiding principle - Meeting our customers' requirements, every requirement, every time
Paid Sick time
Employer matched 401(k) program
Choose the plan best for you
Company paid tele-medicine service
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Development of single line diagrams, motor schematics, PLC & I/O drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Development of control panel layouts and Bill of Materials.
- Assist panel builders with design questions and work with QC tech for functional testing.
- Perform inspections of control panels against drawings and produce as-built drawings.
- Perform designs and calculations in accordance with UL, NEC and NFPA standards under guidance of an Electrical Engineer.
- Able to read and interpret low voltage power circuits, instrumentation and control circuits, mechanical layouts and assembly drawings for electrical design interface.
- Assist in the development of design and drafting standards and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in electrical design, panel layout and schematic development
- Understanding of PLC and relay logic is preferred
- Ability to read and understand instrument loop diagrams and PIDs is preferred
- Prior experience with UL508A is highly preferred
Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills combined with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Must be able to effectively discuss, explain and coordinate design concepts with designers and other disciplines cross-functionally
Salary, dependent on experience