Job Ref.: 5285
Job Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: No
Town / City: Akron
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Major machinery manufacturing company with facilities in North America and Europe requires a controls engineer for its office in Akron. The candidate will have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
• Five years of control systems/software design and implementation experience.
• Familiarity with pneumatic controls and process control instrumentation with industrial network/communication protocols
• Ability to configure, design and debug PLC ladder logic and HMI programs
• Experience with RSLogix5000 and FactoryTalk View
• Be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
• EPLAN experience not mandatory, but preferred
• Ability to multi-tasking projects
• Siemens and Allen Bradley programming
• Prepare detail drawings and schematics for electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic machine control sub-systems using AutoCAD
• Review, specify and verify use of sub-vendor components in final machine design
• Work with other engineers and manufacturing personnel to clarify and resolve controls problems
• Develop, implement and evaluate test procedures to verify machine operation meets functional and performance specifications
• Troubleshoot and debug industrial machine PLC and HMI programs
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. 5+ years of control systems software design and implementation experience.
2. Familiarity with pneumatic controls and process control instrumentation with industrial network communication protocols.
3. Ability to configure, design and debug PLC ladder logic and HMI programs.
4. Experience with RSLogix5000 and FactoryTalk View.
5. Siemens and Allen Bradley programming experience.
6. EPLAN experience not mandatory, but preferred.
7. Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
Apply for this job