Electrical & Controls Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Contract 6 months with potential for conversion to perm
• The Engineer applies process and product knowledge to meet the requirements of customer applications.
• Designs hardware and software solutions using a combination of standard products and custom equipment to meet customer performance requirements.
• Reviews and analyzes customer specifications to create detailed costing models.
• Creates customer proposals in accordance with developed design.
• Performs electrical calculations in support of process design
• Evaluates customer requirements and consults on best practices
• Prepares high level control architecture & electrical diagrams using AutoCAD
• Previous panel layout/schematic experience in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
• Applies knowledge of NEC, UL, NFPA, CSA, IEEE, IEC and CE standards to electrical control system panel and system designs
• Utilizing programming experience, current technology understanding, advises on Programmable Logic Controller and Operator Interface Terminal applications for high purity water treatment systems utilizing Allen Bradley and Siemens products
• Understands and conveys proper application of automation networks utilizing copper and fiber optics, including Ethernet, ControlNet, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus and DH+
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of product offerings and process control requirements
• Demonstrates a solid understanding of Variable Frequency Drives operation and application
• Identifies requirements related to motor controls with a fundamental knowledge of Motor Control Centers, power distribution equipment and motor control equipment
• BS in Electrical Engineering (preferred), Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Experience
• 5+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in technology, standards, software, and applications outlined in the requirements above.
• Experience interfacing with external customers in a sales situation preferred.
• General experience and knowledge of water treatment process applications in the Power, Petroleum Refining, Pharmaceutical, Food/Beverage and Semiconductor Industries preferred.
For more information or further consideration on this opportunity please contact Donny Yoshida, Kelly Engineering Recruiter, email@example.com
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.