Requisition ID: 82341
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings Industrial Water and Utilities. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the industrial markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see and do more than you may have thought possible. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, spending 6x the industry average on developing your skills, and tailoring your experience, to allow you to take on projects that impact millions of people across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success
• Reports project progress updates and/or issues to Lead Engineer as required.
Applies engineering judgement to daily tasks
• Works with a multi-discipline team to review and understand client operational and business needs; specifies equipment and contributes to design decisions that meets those needs
• Gains a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines; provide suggestions and recommendations as needed.
• Reviews vendor and other Discipline drawings for relevant Electrical and Controls information
• Develops sketches to accompany concept documentation.
• Maintains master specification and drawing sets with current revisions for the electrical and controls design drawings.
• Participates in project meetings as required.
• Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements
• Reviews checked drawings, reviews and understands comments made.
• Familiar with basic computer operation, and should have had at least introductory computer programming courses as well as the ability to learn to use Electrical and Controls department design software tools
• Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit organization.
• Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• Must be able to communicate through emails, phone, and in-person, and utilize electronic meeting requests.
• Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment:Controls Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineer, Engineer, Intern, Engineering, Entry Level