Designs and develops state of the art power converter products using proprietary technology. Design elements include electrical design, component selection, simulation/test, PCB layout, and product functional specification. Responsible for knowing the customer requirements. Works closely with the engineering team from product conception through manufacturing production and testing. Provides configuration control and is involved in the manufacturing and testing processes. Initiates and approves manufacturing documentation and engineering change orders. Investigates problems, determines root cause, and implements corrective and preventative actions. Generates documentation for all products designed. Interfaces with customers and safety compliance agencies.
- BSEE is required
- Minimum 5 years of power electronics design experience in DC/DC converters.
- Ability to design, analyze and test power converters.
- Knowledge of analog and digital control circuits.
- Design experience using Altium Designer CAD software is required.
- Detailed knowledge of power conversion topologies, control and components.
- Specific power conversion design skills include: high frequency magnetics design, power conversion circuit design and analysis, circuit simulation, layout considerations, feedback control theory, EMC compliance, and logic/interface circuit design.
- Ability to resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent team and individual contributor leadership skills.
- Outstanding organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Electrical Design Engineer