About Us: Founded in 1972, Bahnson Environmental Specialties (BES) design, manufactures, installs and services a diverse line of controlled environmental chambers that maintain precise conditions for a wide array of research, development, and manufacturing activities.
All chambers are designed to satisfy the most stringent field performance tests. Our single-source turnkey solution includes pre-sales support; architectural, mechanical, and electric/controls design; project management, field installation, field testing/validation, and service.
We provide superior quality materials and exceptional workmanship. we also upgrade and retrofit existing chambers to meet new or future requirements
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
The Electrical Design Engineer works as part of a team of Project Managers, Mechanical Engineers, and Electrical Engineers, to provide electrical design and engineering services for the Project, Sales and Production departments. The Team creates a pre-design package, which includes preliminary architectural drawings, electrical requirements, other utility requirements, and creates a formal written submittal document. The Team then reviews the pre‑design package, making any corrections, before sending to the customer for review and approval. Once the customer approves the submittal, the pre-design package becomes a ”Job” and is scheduled for completion of final detail design by the Electrical and Mechanical engineers.
General responsibilities include creating the electrical design, electrical schematics, material BOM’s, control panel drawings, controller configuration and programming, all of which comprise the Build Package which is delivered to the Production Department. For Allen-Bradley PLC controls, the Engineer also develops the screens, logic, and supervises testing and debugging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Walk-in Environmental Chambers:
- Production support for the manufacture and testing of industrial control panels and related electrical assemblies.
- Field Startup support to Projects department, by phone and on-site.
- Support the Sales department with quoting.
- Technical Support for the Service department.
Reach-in Environmental Chambers:
- Electrical engineering design of special reach-ins; the scope of work includes non-standard systems design, sub-assemblies, and electrical design considerations of refrigeration equipment, air-handling equipment, drying equipment, humidification equipment, and other special or non-standard mechanical equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience related to process controls and instrumentation of environmental control systems involving electromechanical and solid-state control logic, PLCs, and power distribution; Allen Bradley PLC and/or Siemens PLC experience a plus.
- 3 years minimum experience with project planning and estimating.
- 3 years minimum experience in the design of ladder logic schematics, technical writing, documentation, and Quality Assurance Standards.
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and PLC programming software.
- Ability to travel on occasion to customer sites is required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled