At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide — one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Kanona, New York you will create sketches, layouts, and drawings and detailed manufacturing prints.
In your role you will:
- From general instructions, sketches or drawings, create solid models, two-dimensional drawings, and detailed manufacturing prints;
- Coordinate and implement Engineering Change Requests;
- Create Bill of Material structures;
- Perform dimensioning and tolerance of components;
- Investigate design problems;
- Compare the manufactured product with the original design using CATIA or AutoCAD and verify the conformity of the assembly;
- Implement corrective actions to the design;
- Specify new material for purchasing and vendors;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or EE combined with a related field;
- You possess five to seven (5-7) years of relevant experience in the design of electrical devices in heavy industry, your experience in the rail industry will be considered as a great asset;
- You are familiar with the developing of wire schematics and several voltages;
- You are familiar with electrical test procedures
- You have profound knowledge of Auto CAD and CATIA;
- You are able to work various shifts and overtime as required;
- You are a good communicator;
- Your English and French communications skills are excellent both written and spoken (Spanish is an asset)
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
the evolution of mobility