In support of our client, a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier, we are currently looking for a contract Electrical Designer with AutoCAD Electrical experience to develop electrical drawings for industrial/manufacturing projects. This is a 12+ month project based contract opportunity located in Nashville, TN with the possibility of going direct for the right candidate.
Qualified candidates must have at least 2+ years of electrical CAD drafting/design experience in the manufacturing industry and possess certifications in either AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical. This selected individual must possess a strong work ethic and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Update redlined electrical drawings using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Record and analyze project specifications and dimensions.
- Create and design sketches, layouts, and diagrams of electrical wiring.
- P&ID and Loop Diagram creation
- Design of Panel Builds, Automation and Control Schematics and I/O.
- Work with other team members to address project issues and adjust design as needed.
- Ensure necessary documents are properly prepared and accurate.
- Perform other duties as necessary which may include but are not limited to creating guidelines and instructions for the installation process, creating cable schedules, and creating conduit layouts.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Drafting Design Technology or equivalent experience/degree is preferred.
- 2-5 years related drafting experience required.
- 2+ years’ experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must possess strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well on a team required.
- Must pay high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong planning and decision-making skills required.
ResourceTek provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, paid holidays and vacation, 401k participation, Flexspend and other supplemental benefits.
ResourceTek is an equal opportunity employer that believes strength is in diversity.