Requisition ID: 42356
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine
as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity,
diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's
like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Electrical and Electronics System (EES)
Human Machine Interface (HMI) - Mechanical Senior Engineer
is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Mechanical Senior Engineer in Benton Harbor, MI. As Senior
Engineer in the HMI Mechanical Team within the Product Development Organization, you will be directly engaged with the HMI
(Human Machine Interface) design solutions that are responsible for the success of top products reaching consumers for years
to come. This position has a unique opportunity to work cross-category and learn first-hand what is involved in the design,
development, and launch of products used every day to improve people's lives globally.
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting multiple HMI design projects (10+) across categories (Refrigeration,
Cooking, Laundry and/or Dish), serving as liaison between with global design teams and stakeholders to ensure clear communication
and deliver project requirements for cost, quality and HMI overall integration.
- Support the development of HMI
( Human Machine Interface) design and validation by working with teams from Platform, System Integrators, Design Owners. Procurement,
Product Approval, Safety and Codes, Labs, Quality, Suppliers and Manufacturing.
- Proactively address issues and
address leading indicators to flawlessly deliver on prototype builds, development builds, and production supply.
Assist lab testing, prototype and manufacturing builds by obtaining test items, installing HMI assemblies, making modifications
and noting updates for prints based on build feedback.
- Work with suppliers for design discussions/ reviews at every
significant event/ build and provide support for engineering build/ manufacturing build.
- Support development of
ZBP (Zero Base Plan) with the key stakeholders, managing the requirements in order to achieve the minimum modules and variances
needed to cover all platform architectures.
- Provide input to project planning to ensure clear deliverables/requirements,
capital, budget, resourcing and timing.
- Support / lead Technical Design Reviews (TDRs) to ensure HMI is delivering
- Engage with project status reports (Project or Cost Tracking files). Andon system (Help) used
to solve problems proactively, and facilitate 5 why to capture the learnings and improve the process continuously.
Use proper tools to report problem-solving (A3), Concept selection (Pugh Matrix), Decisions taken (Decision Matrix), 6 Sigma
Tools (Thought Map, Product Map, Process Map, etc), Requirements Management as needed.
- Ability to travel daily
within Benton Harbor/St. Joseph area supporting Whirlpool Tech Centers and travel within North America/Latin America up to
~35% (build support at plants, prototypes, etc)
Bachelor of Science Degree
- 3+ years of engineering or technical experience managing projects for product development
- Experience with FMEA (Failure modes and effects analysis), DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report) writing
and owning the FMEA for subsystem, part or assemblies
- Experience directly creating the plastic part design, sheet
metal part design and managing design assemblies in 3D CAD environment of Creo
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics
- Knowledge of 3D CAD design Packages like Proengineer-Creo
- Project Management certification (PMP)
- Master's Degree, Master of Science Degree
to support global teams
- Demonstrated success in managing and prioritizing multiple projects with or without direct
- Black Belt/Green Belt trained or certified / Opex tools knowledge and application
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading kitchen and laundry
appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research
centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and
other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including
thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed
to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Electrical, Manufacturing Engineer,
Electronics Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Drafting, Engineering
96,673.00 - 96,737.00 /yearWhat is this?
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Mechanical Systems Engineer