The Advanced Capabilities and Systems Group provides assessments of novel technologies and systems concepts in the solution of significant defense and intelligence needs and, where appropriate, rapidly develops prototype solutions to demonstrate concepts or provide a fieldable capability. Odyssey Systems has a need for an Electrical Engineer – PCB Design with experience in hardware development and embedded systems
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Working as part of an interdisciplinary team developing novel air vehicles and / or RF systems.
• Designing and overseeing the development and test of custom PCBs.
• Embedded software and code development and test.
• Data collection and analysis in Laboratory and field test environments. Occasional travel to field sites to support test events
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
• C/C++ proficiency including programming microcontrollers, device drivers, and working with real-time operating systems.
• Previous experience with PCB design including circuit design, developing schematics, and overseeing board layout.
• Prior experience working in a laboratory environment including running experiments and analyzing data.
• Candidate must be hands-on with a strong hardware background
• Active secret clearance
• A background in RF system development.
• Matlab proficiency.
• Good communication skills.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability appropriately to prioritize detailed work tasks based on high-level guidance of the overall project’s technical goals.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.