Bohannan Huston is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Electrical Engineer to work in our Albuquerque, NM or Las Cruces, NM offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Leading a project team to develop construction plan and specification document sets for electrical system design of commercial buildings and municipal infrastructure facilities. Design elements include power distribution, grounding, lighting, instrumentation, and communication networks. Other duties include verifying construction progress conformance by field observation.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology Degree.
- Professional Engineer Registration, or acquisition within 6 months of employment preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience.
- A self-starter with team lead experience on construction plan production.
- Demonstrated capability of fundamental knowledge application used for design basis of power distribution, lighting, and communication networks.
- Capable of analyzing electrical systems in design software such as SKM Power Tools or AGI32 Lighting Analysis, or AutoCAD MEP.
- Demonstrated NEC and NESC code knowledge.
- Fluent in AutoCAD MEP for building and process facility projects involving Instrumentation, Control, and Electrical system creation, for final development of electrical plans.
- Develop project cost estimates for electrical systems.
- Have ability to identify and characterize conditional status of existing electrical systems.
- Training, support and learning opportunities. Variety of projects across several engineering disciplines.
- Health insurance, including medical, dental and vision. We also offer an HSA that includes a generous contribution that we make on your behalf.
- A generous Paid Time Off plan.
- A nationally recognized 401(k) retirement savings plan with a great company match.
- Inspiring company culture and team environment.
- Innovative clients who rank among our region's most successful public and private sector leaders.
Bohannan Huston isn't your run-of-the-mill consulting engineering firm, though we may look like it on the surface we provide engineering services, surveying and mapping services, planning, and advanced engineering technologies solutions. What really sets us apart is how we attract the best and brightest talent, and strive to create a work environment where we have an opportunity to do our best work every day, where our employees are engaged, energized and inspired. Our exceptional reputation is built upon a spirit of service and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. Our clients are public and private sector leaders, looking for innovative and excellent solutions, and we meet those challenges every day. Our team is led by the best, brightest and most seasoned engineers, planners, surveyors and IT gurus, and powered by expertise, excellence, data analytics and innovation. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. Work with some of the most well-respected engineers and surveyors in the region, as you provide support on projects that impact our communities and our neighbors.
We are committed to doing good while doing well, and are actively invested in improving the communities in which we live and work. We donate of our time and our resources, and we encourage our employees to do the same.
We are always looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of innovation and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our customers.
We hire the brightest, and deliver the best to our clients. If this sounds like a challenge and an opportunity made for you, we want to hear from you!
Bohannan Huston is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please call our Human Resources Department at 505.823.1000. BH is committed to ensuring a drug-free workplace.