InDepth provides design and engineering solutions to a variety of industries and also offers staffing services to some of the most respected companies in the United States. We are constantly looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to be a part of our team and we are highly invested in every employee's professional and personal growth. Visit our website at www.InDepthEngSol.com to learn more.
Designs electrical systems by developing and testing components. Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials. Confirms systems and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties. Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials. Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators. Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities. Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests internally and externally. Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations. Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service. Maintains product data base by entering data. Completes projects by training and guiding technicians. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional engineering societies. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- ANC/Acoustic Vehicle Integration & Release Engineer
- The ANC/Acoustic Vehicle Integration and Release Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and release of ANC/amplifier modules/components using established best practice design principles specifically for electrical and electronic components/modules/systems.
- The responsibilities include concept design, procurement of prototype components, validation testing, production release, and supplier sign -off, and production issue resolution.
- The Engineer will be interfacing with many business disciplines including; purchasing, suppliers, and quality, manufacturing, and test facilities.
- Working with a multifaceted team of engineers to package audio system components, following design best practices (grill opening, sealing, etc.).
- Packaging and Releasing audio system components within internal Chrysler database systems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving audio system packaging issues.
- Acoustic tuning and equalization of pre-production and production vehicles.
- Plant support for pre-production builds (as needed).
- Plant support during production for issue resolution and PERs (as needed).
- Audio system issue triage.
- Addressing warranty and customer feedback issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Materials/Chemical/ Civil/ Aerospace/Computer)
- A minimum 3 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry or a related industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle wiring basics, interior components (Door Modules, Trim panels, Instrument Panels), packaging and mounting.
- Strong language skills, written and spoken
- Experience in troubleshooting component level issues which may be mechanical or electrical in nature
- Understanding and ability to use CDA, iBox, CAN analyzer and CANOE and do audio/ANC and Uconnect system validation.
- Experience with managing Tier 1 automotive supplier all through design direction, technology roadmap and implementation details.
- Experience with writing high level specifications that define functions and verification tests for active noise control systems and components.
Preferred Qualifications: Any of the following qualifications would be a plus.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Materials/Chemical/ Civil/ Aerospace/Computer)
- Demonstrated ability to understand mechanical and acoustic resonances
- Demonstrated ability to understand acoustics of small rooms and cabins.
- Understanding of electronics, acoustics, and ANC principles, SW/HW hardware and function with an emphasis on how it works in a vehicle/system environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and practical applications of loudspeakers in vehicles, including loudspeakers, sound waves and acoustical output, frequency ranges, radiation patterns, effects of grille patterns, baffles, enclosures, signal requirements (voltage, impedance and electrical current) and amplifier output characteristics
- Experience with vehicle acoustic characteristic.
- Experience with feed forward and feedback servo control systems for noise control
- Experience with vehicle audio amplifiers and DSP processing
- OEM/Supplier development Experience in Active Noise Cancellation/Active Noise Enhancement and other sound enhancement technology is very valuable.
- Knowledge of narrowband and broadband active noise cancellation techniques and algorithms is a plus
- Experience with package audio components in new vehicles
- equalizations and program timing
Travel and Driving Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car. Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance