Tired of cranking out the same electrical designs at the same desk using the same skills? Investing yourself in a slow-paced career? Jump aboard, and find yourself at a place where your technical skills, communication skills, and leadership skills converge to create an incredible career opportunity! Burns & McDonnell is looking for the unique electrical engineer that has a desire to apply their technical design experience, while actively engaging their entrepreneurial spirit. Looking for more direct client and end-user interaction? We’ve got it. Whether you enjoy working with clients that are commercial or federal, you will have the opportunity use those leadership and people-skills that sets you apart from your peers. You will be involved in a variety of unique design projects, from airports to federal facilities to military facilities. Be a part of an energy-filled work place that pays for performance, where you can invest in a career that you can grow into project management or business development opportunities.
Involves the design, planning and client coordination activities associated with typical electrical distribution and control systems found in aviation, federal, and military facilities.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Designs electrical systems/equipment to provide a useful and safe workplace.
- Advises clients regarding electrical systems/requirements available to meet their needs and comply with safety codes.
- Monitors installation of designed equipment/systems to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes.
- Conducts fault studies and load flow analysis. Develop design criteria for protective device coordination, relay applications, medium voltage transformers, switchgear, medium and low voltage distribution.
- Able to develop and/or lead the design of electrical master plans for facilities encompassing but not limited to the following: reliable power distribution, motor control centers, energy efficient lighting systems, communications and data, instrumentation and controls for HVAC systems, fire-alarm interface, adjustable speed drives, uninterrupted power systems (UPS) systems, emergency generators.
- Reviews electrical designs and specifications of equipment or systems being purchased or fabricated.
- Provides electrical design direction and resource management on multi-discipline projects
- Developing concept studies and design
- Enforces standards and practices.
- Participate in the Identification, recruiting and management of resources to meet the needs of the business
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from accredited program. Minimum 3 years related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience). Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered. Completion of FE exam and ability to obtain PE a requirement also.