Nuvera Fuel Cells is an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel cell stacks and related systems, on-site hydrogen production and dispensing systems for both commercial end-users and OEMs. Located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera manufactures hydrogen supply and fuel cell power products designed for efficiency, safety, and productivity.
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 5,400 people worldwide.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team. The Electrical Engineer will design electrical-mechanical, power systems for multiple fuel cell power system products. Responsible for system electrical design in a multi-platform environment, ensuring smooth transition from development to production as well as provide support for legacy products. Tasks include PCB schematic entry, power electronics, integration of subsystems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- All design aspects of discrete and embedded control systems, printed circuit boards, schematics, cabling and circuit board design.
- Interface with the System Engineering Group.
- System-level electrical design tasks to include the specifications, drawing schematics, documentation input, and manufacturing procedures.
- Work closely with R&D team members to define and execute system electrical design using innovative, cost effective designs.
- Responsible for cost reduction and reliability improvement and ensure timely implementation of new designs.
- Work with manufacturing staff to facilitate new product introductions.
- Conduct multifunctional design and schematic reviews and update all associated engineering documentation accordingly.
- Support product manufacturing by responding to and incorporating engineering change requests.
- Support electrical technicians
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering required, Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
Previous Work Experience
- 3+ years in electrical design (at system and component level design), using schematic capture and wiring diagram tools
- Experience with system level architecture and design using state-of-the are embedded controller design preferred.
- Hands-on experience in developing code for embedded microprocessors
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Proven track record integrating embedded systems, Windows- and Linux-based systems, communications technologies, software tool development, and user-friendly interface designs.
- Skill in digital microprocessor based and analog instrumentation circuit design.
- Familiarity with CAN bus standards and architecture.
- Familiarity with switching power supply specification and design.
- Ability to multitask, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to problem solving.
- Expertise in schematic capture software, (PADS) and 2D CAD (AutoCAD) drawing packages
- Familiarity NEC/NFPA/UL industry electrical and design standards.
Physical requirements/Work environment
Office / Lab Environment
Nuvera Fuel Cells, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V