DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation currently has Senior Electrical Engineer - Building Systemsopportunities Indianapolis, IN, South Bend, IN, Lansing, MI, and/or Detroit, MI!
The Electrical Engineer will design power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, control and IT/data systems. The Senior Electrical Engineer will also assist with other project related aspects, including: design, construction, start-up, project forecasts, and cost estimates. This position also includes the review of installation of electrical systems for compliance with construction documents.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Design electrical systems.
- Load calculations, life cycle costing and energy modeling.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and work in a team environment.
- Review installation of designed equipment/systems for compliance with construction documents.
- Perform duties with multiple projects within the established schedules.
- Work on a wide variety of project types, scales and complexity.
- Work on concurrent projects.
- Prepare construction cost estimates, both in a broad and detailed scope
- Assist in developing feasibility studies
- Assist in the development of contract specifications and research the application of new procedures and/or products.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Degree
- 10 or more years relevant work experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration is required
- Strong Revit skills required
- Specification writing skills preferred
- Experience in design, layout and analysis for power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and low-voltage systems.
- Management of electrical engineering group preferred
- Knowledge of LEED principles.
- Knowledge of Electrical Codes.
- Institutional design experience
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.