This position’s purpose is to direct and lead projects of a significant and complex nature where an expert level of technical knowledge and expertise is required to design distribution or commercial facilities including all aspects of the design, construction, and inspection of distribution or commercial facilities specific to the Energy infrastructure support of Electric Vehicle chargers and associated equipment at customer sites.
About the Role:
- Under the review of the Sr. Manager and the Senior Staff Engineer, coordinates, oversees and performs the preparation of complex electrical design plans and specifications for customer distribution/commercial systems; reviews distribution/commercial electrical design/construction documents and procedures; prepares distribution and electrical engineering standards; prepares design plans and construction specifications to approved budgets and schedules, develops justification documentation as needed for proposed distribution/commercial customer projects.
- Plans, coordinates, prioritize, monitors, guides, reviews and conducts work activities associated with distribution/commercial facilities.
- Manages, coordinates, oversees, reviews, controls and approves contracts and work performed under design construction contracts or with contracted architects, engineers and consultants.
- Travel as needed to site locations for initial information gathering, job monitoring, and commissioning. Representation of PROTERRA in a professional and technically proficient manner always.
About Our Group:
- The Energy team is a growth area for PROTERRA and strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest level of service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and our own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Burlingame based team that supports Proterra’s Manufacturing and Engineering operations. Remote work is possible.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to various interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering.
- Strong working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in the design and construction of electric distribution or commercial facilities and relevant distribution engineering design and construction experience
You might also have:
- Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering.
- Licensed as a Professional Electrical Engineer (PE).
- Utility Substation experience is desired or other electrical utility experience.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Project are highly desired.
Location: Burlingame, CA or Greenville, SC
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description