Kratos is a leading supplier of communication solutions (RF, DSP, and digital) for US Government and commercial aerospace applications including satellites, UAVs, aircraft, tactical radios, missiles, launch vehicles and more. Our innovative products and solutions are used to test, launch, operate, maintain, and assure communications superiority for critical aerospace missions. Our customers trust Kratos to solve their most difficult communications challenges. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, solve hard problems, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and deliveringp innovative aerospace solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer in our Chantilly, VA office. The Electrical Engineer will work with a team to design and develop the next generation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) communications products in Kratos’ Protected Tactical Communications segment. The role provides an opportunity to grow in your engineering career through exciting technical work and through the chance to be mentored by senior architects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in VHDL, FPGA design, and RF and digital communications protocols.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Will develop, integrate, and test real time firmware applications to support various Kratos products.
- Will design and develop firmware/software in support of new product development and custom deliveries.
- Work directly with customers and Kratos engineers to perform requirements analysis/design trade-offs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
- Work with program management to scope and estimate new efforts as needed.
- Use VHDL to implement real-time communications processing for tactical and network communications products.
- Drive a culture of high-quality firmware by continuously honing the craft of firmware development while following industry best practices such as code review, and automated testing.
- Work with Kratos engineers to perform design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with product architectures.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field;
- Zero to three years of related experience;
- VHDL experience or coursework targeting Xilinx and/or Altera devices;
- C++ experience or coursework needed.
- Must be able to work closely in a small engineering team which will include other software engineers, FPGA firmware, RF hardware, system hardware, and test engineers;
- A team player;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; and
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of RF communications, real-time waveform processing, and/or Software Defined Radios is a plus
- Experience with common engineering test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers is a plus.
- Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefit