Sometimes Promoting, Sometimes Recruiting. Always Orange.
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organizations and communities across the globe.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange. Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever-changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
About this Job:
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled and dependable Electrical Engineer in the Houston, TX area. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing internal and external electrical engineering support to design, test, modify, or develop applications or equipment design.
Sound like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Drive for Results: Drive for results is a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve ‘step changes’ in business results. It covers the desire to strive for constant improvement and to continuously redefine what can be achieved both in the market place and with the resources that are available to the individual. Outstanding performers focus their energy on achieving objectives, which support the long-term success of the business. They do this in a way that demonstrates maturity and self-control
- Task Completion: Reliable, Focused, Committed to Completing Tasks
- Resilience: Persistent, positive, self-reliant
- Accountability: Drives better outcomes by taking personal responsibility
- Customer Focus: Understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships
- Working Together with Others: Relates to people, engages, builds relationships
We’re Experts. You’ll have the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- ETAP experience, preferred
- Excellent verbal and communication skills at multiple levels
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with high level of accuracy
- Team leadership skills
- Project management skills
- PC literacy in a Microsoft or ERP system environment
- Responding with a sense of urgency
Your key responsibilities:
We’re Dynamic & Innovative. In an ever-changing business you will be nimble in seizing opportunities to pioneer effective ways to meet and exceed your responsibilities:
- Capable of designing breaker protection circuits, neutral, high resistance grounding circuits, paralleling circuits and ATS applications with Close transition protocol.
- Ability to program and coordinate solid state relay’s for medium voltage and high voltage systems. Including troubleshooting of these relays. Manufactures such as Schweitzer, GE Muiltlin and others
- Assist with the design of new equipment including HV Switchgear and specialized rental equipment.
- Ability to assist with job walks as well as investigative protocol.
- Use codes and industry consensus standards to design safe and reliable electrical equipment and systems that are fit for purpose.
- Analyze sales proposals, project requirements, specifications, and drawings of power generation & distribution systems and equipment.
- Provide technical support to technicians and customers by phone and in person at Aggreko’s service centers and customer sites.
- Help to install and commission systems, including but not limited to pulling and terminating power cables, performing insulation resistance and turns ratio testing of transformers, determining protective relay settings, and troubleshooting switchgear, voltage regulators, variable frequency drives, motor starters, and PLCs. This routinely includes climbing ladders and lifting and carrying loads of 50 lbs.
- Perform light drafting duties using AutoCAD to create and modify single-line diagrams, location plans, grounding plans, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Think outside the box to create new equipment designs and to create new and more efficient applications utilizing existing hardware.
- Inspect equipment and systems for electrical code and safety deficiencies.
- Use computer engineering and design software (ETAP) to perform engineering studies, including load flow, short-circuit, coordination, motor starting, and arc-flash.
- Travel 15% - 25% of the time, and to be able to travel to other US states, Canada, Mexico, and some Caribbean islands, and be involved with work at refineries, chemical plants, utility substations, construction sites, silver mines, wind farms, and golf tournaments.
The people you’ll work with:
We’re Together. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of your colleagues and interact with the wider Aggreko team.
Other information you should know:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent periods are spent sitting and standing in the same location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to move about or lift light objects (typically less than 15 lbs.)
The regular work environment is usually an office setting with conditions typical of an office. The employee may infrequently be exposed to other conditions, such as outside weather conditions. The work environment usually has a quiet to moderate noise level. You may be asked or required to work after regular business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This information should not be construed as the position’s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing Aggreko.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company benefit plans (medical, dental, life, disability, vision)
- Paid leave (vacation, personal)
- 401K plan with company match
At Aggreko, we’re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.