PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Initiate problem solving for new product designs and as well as existing products
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards
- Maintains logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
- Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics
- Responsible for the design and development of units from concept through qualification
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field
- 3+ years of related expereince
- Knowledge of interface and design documentation such as Functional block diagrams
- PCB design, layout, and fabrication documentation skills
- Experience writing technical documents for the FAA
- Aircraft modification design experience
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.