The Advanced Imager Technology Group (87) provides state of the art imager technology throughout the DOD and Scientific communities. Odyssey Systems is in need of an Electrical Engineer II to help build an infrastructure that can be used to evaluate and characterize next-generation Geiger-mode Avalanche Photodiodes (GmAPD) and Digital Focal Plane (DFPA) Arrays
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Domains: electrical board design and layout, board test and debug, analog and digital design
• Design, develop, and support technical programs utilizing modern electrical engineering techniques, programming tools, and support processes for program managers and technical staff.
• Participate in defining, describing and implementing program deliverables/functionalities.
• Evaluate, develop, and design state of the art camera hardware and capabilities to support new and existing programs
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
• Software/applications: Mentor Graphics (or equivalent design and layout program), LTSpice, MATLAB
• Analog and digital design for high-speed signaling and data transfer
• Test and debug of electrical hardware; familiarity with test equipment (e.g. power supplies, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers)
• Experience with hardware, firmware, and software integration
• Specifying, developing, and verifying models and simulations.
• Scientific data analysis and data reduction (MATLAB/Python)
• Active Secret Clearance
• Experience with software configuration management.
• Experience with photonic instrumentation and test – including previous work with lasers, optical spectrum analyzers, and/or work with optics
• Experience with camera characterization and test – including test development and evaluation for initial screenings of Readout Integrated Circuits and/or camera level tests like Quantum Efficiency, Noise, or Bandwidth
• Embedded Programming for Xilinx FPGA/SOC
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- On Site Cafeteria
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts