Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Summary of Duties:
- Performs and analyzes routine to moderately complex engineering functions, quality control functions designs, and specifications to achieve efficient, cost effective and reliable manufacturing or measuring processes, applying mathematical, physical science, and engineering technologies
- Follows established procedures in completing multiple technical assignments
- Duties and Responsibilities Assists in the design and/or project/process management of new and current products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level Engineers or departmental management
- Develops manufacturing and measuring methods which designate tooling, gages, acceptance equipment, and processing procedures
- Coordinates product and acceptance equipment designs and ordering of testers, gages, and laboratory equipment to support production acceptance
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture/inspect parts to assure product quality
- Estimates set-up times, operating times, and flowtimes, as well as production and acceptance needs Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components
- Develops test procedures and performs routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work to assure product manufacturability
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate manufacturing and inspection areas
- Analyzes processes and products and records, characterizes and implements proper controls on all processes
- Analyzes processes, products, and inspection records to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to establish quality levels and trends
- Prepares product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
You Must Have:
- Two or more years of experience in Engineering or related technical activities, such as manufacturing, inspection processing or tool design
- Knowledge/Skill Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited Engineering program or a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program
- Ability to apply advanced engineering and analytical concepts and techniques to highly complex technical projects
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics preferred
- JOB ID: req236929
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.