Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Summary of Duties:
- Performs and coordinates design, development, evaluation, analysis, and/or quality control functions on advanced and complex engineering projects; and develops solutions to technical problems specifically assigned or as they arise by applying advanced mathematical, physical science, and engineering technologies
- Assesses process and equipment capabilities and establishes controls
- Specifies, initiates, and coordinates acquisition of manufacturing resources and techniques
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and/or develops/processes new products, special instruments, and unique equipment to meet specific requirements of customer orders
- Develops and assesses production or inspection operations and sequences, equipment, tooling gages, or acceptance equipment and processing methods required to manufacture or inspect complex components and assemblies
- Translates design agency concepts into production items by coordinating the activities of engineering, quality, manufacturing, and related organizations
- Estimates set-up times, operating times, and flowtimes, as well as production and acceptance needs
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components
- Compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve engineering and production problems and to assure product manufacturability
- Analyzes processes, products, and inspection records to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to establish quality levels and trends
- Refines product definitions, based on knowledge of manufacturing capability, to assure that released designs can be produced
You Must Have:
- Five or more years of relevant experience in engineering or related technical activities, such as manufacturing, inspection processing, or tool design, including application of advanced engineering principles and technology related to complex technical assignments
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited Engineering program, or a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program
- MS in Engineering or Advanced degree in related technical activity
- Ability to apply advanced design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to complex engineering projects
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Some positions within this classification may require unique engineering expertise related to a particular discipline
- JOB ID: req236867
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.