Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is seeking an Electrical Engineerwith Secret clearance to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Provide electrical engineering support to identify, document and resolve emergent shipboard electrical system/equipment issues.
- Review performance specifications, requirements, component drawings, and installation drawings.
- Support on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and working groups and in program reviews and Configuration Control Boards (CCBs). Provide subject matter expertise and assist in completing action items assigned.
- Assist in identifying and obtaining circuit breakers and electrical equipment being removed from in service ships and submarines.
- Manage inventory of circuit breakers and electrical equipment.
- Coordinate with ship's force personnel, shipyards, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to facilitate the replacement or repair of shipboard circuit breakers.
- Assist in resolving circuit breaker Electronic-Steam Plant Action Records (ESPARs) by reviewing ESPARs, liaising with the appropriate technical activities, and formulating/submitting recommendations to resolve the identified issue.
- Perform surveys to determine as-built electrical configurations and analyses to determine if system/equipment upgrades are required and if proposed upgrades are feasible
Education, Work Experience, Skills, and Clearance Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited College or University.
- Ability to obtain secret clearance.
Preferred Skill Sets of Qualified Candidates
- Five years' experience providing design and testing support for circuit breakers installed on U.S. Navy ships or submarines and experience developing and updating U.S. Navy circuit breaker technical documentation.
- Active Secret Clearance.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.