Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to provide Electrical Engineering, Reliability and Automation expertise within our Cudahy, Wisconsin (suburb of Milwaukee) manufacturing plant. Our plant
As an Electrical Engineer, your primary objectives are to improve and streamline our manufacturing processes through the design, modification, configuration, and installation of process control and automation systems; and provide Electrical Reliability and Maintenance support throughout the operation including the construction, erection and operation of machines; tooling; and building/facility engineering.
In order to become successful, you'll have to quickly develop a strong understanding of our operation to identify and develop efficient methods and processes to improve effectiveness, efficiency and reliability. A successful Electrical Engineer will add to the expertise and knowledge in a facility that is a market leader producing a wide range of specialty metal alloys, including titanium, nickel, and steel forgings to end use markets such as aerospace, energy, oil & gas, and general industrial markets.
* Prepare design layouts utilizing the principles of electrical engineering as applied to substations, power distribution, lighting, induction heating, individual machine power and control circuitry, communications systems, or any other electrical installation
* Analyze and troubleshoot challenges and routine problems on all electrical / automation considerations and appropriately provide solutions and continuous improvement strategies
* Apply advanced engineering principles and strategies to improve operating efficiency of equipment and to design and implement automation systems
* Partner with engineers, designers, draftsmen and other cross-functional teams on matters involving requirements or performance of tools, machinery, equipment, buildings or facilities to ensure strong outputs, reliability and efficiencies
* Provide technical expertise and leadership or participation on project teams in support of capital projects, process evaluation, project modifications and problem-solving activities
* Prepare and maintain process documentation, reports, correspondence and job-working records while ensuring accuracy, mathematical computations, and functional correctness of designs
* Work from layouts, instructions, specifications or any other requirements
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* At least 5 years of electrical maintenance reliability and process control / automation experience
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Basic Qualifications)
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
* Strong ability to lead, participate in, or act independently to identify and implement process optimization and continuous improvement initiatives
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze, troubleshoot and solve difficult problems effectively and implement long-term solution
* Skilled and experienced with PLC systems with a strong knowledge of process automation network infrastructure
* Progress Database interface familiarity
* Excellent organizational skill with the ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled