Electrical Engineers work cross functionally to bring products from concept through development and into production. Electrical Engineers are responsible for the electrical design, schematics, safety and test, along with the failure analysis and continuation of Class II/III medical devices.
- Design and develop embedded microprocessor systems.
- Devise, test, and debug system-level architecture for new products of moderate and significant technical complexity.
- Design and develop sensor interfaces including A/D conversion, filtering, etc.
- Create and enter PCB schematics and assist with PCB layout.
- Design and develop analog and digital circuitry.
- Develop and perform hardware verification testing.
- Participation in product requirements definition, analysis, project planning, and design reviews.
- Write design specifications.
- Assist with agency compliance testing in accordance with EMC and IEC 60601-1 standards.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with embedded products.
- Experience with digital and analog electronic device development.
- Experience taking a device from design to production.
- Detailed documentation skills. Medical Device experience preferred but not required.