Burns & McDonnell has an exciting opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution Group for an Electrical Engineer in our St. Louis, MO office! ! We are seeking an Electrical Engineer in our Networks, Integration & Automation (NIA) department. This position provides the opportunity for an adaptable individual to exercise their entrepreneurial spirit, and challenge and establish themselves and the NIA department within one of the industry’s leading firms. Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and regional growth.
The Electrical Engineer will serve as a lead engineer on a variety of complex utility telecommunications projects, including wireless networks (MPLS and LTE), supervisory control and data acquisition, and fiber optics.
- Designing and coordinating construction of telecommunications infrastructure utilizing client standards and/or developing new standards.
- Creation and review of project deliverables which may include: bill of materials, specifications, yard layouts, equipment plans, sections and details, wiring diagrams, control building arrangements, DC calculations, cable lists, SCADA points lists, device configuration files, network architecture diagrams, channel and cutover
- Support execution of complex assignments requiring the use of advanced tools and techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment and/or technological methods.
- Identify, communicate and support resolution of issues on projects as needed.
- Provide support to customers in field of expertise.
- Coordinate engineering, contracting and project execution with the Burns & McDonnell construction management team and field staff.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Perform design quality reviews.
- Meet and correspond with clients or outside personnel to develop relationships with key client points of contact.
- Provide support in preparing proposals and presentations.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, computer or other related engineering discipline from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 3 years utility telecommunications project or related experience.
- Engineering in Training registration preferred.
- Consulting experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.