Interested in supporting the spent nuclear fuel examination program? Have experience with motion control and fine positioning equipment design? Want to work for a mission-driven organization with work life balance? Apply to the Industrial Control System Engineer posting!
About the Role: Work within a mechanical design team to develop innovative electro-mechanical examination equipment for use at the Naval Reactors Facility (NRF). This position will give you the opportunity to apply and further develop your control system design and problem solving skills in developing automated exam systems for use in remote environments. The electro-mechanical equipment performs remote handling, assembly, disassembly, and examination operations underwater and in other remote environments at NRF.
- Design control systems for examination equipment to measure and analyze physical properties;
- Design, specify, and select control system and remote positioning components, design control system cabinets;
- Write motion control, data acquisition and data processing programs;
- Develop test plans and perform testing of automation systems to verify compliance with functional requirements;
- Perform safety and/or hazard analyses, security analyses, and regulatory compliance assessments to comply with applicable standards, policies, and regulations;
- Assemble all required documentation and user manuals created during development process in order to transfer essential knowledge to end users.
Additional Activities may include:
Represent Expended Core Programs (ECP) in interface activities with other NRF product lines
Establish equipment concepts for future exams.
Occasional travel to NRF (1 to 2 times per year)
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of nine years relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of seven years relevant experience
Required for either level:
- The ability to effectively integrate diverse needs and reach consensus on technical and administrative topics
- Effective collaboration and communications skills.
- Organized, focused on technical work quality and appropriate engineering discipline.
- Electro-mechanical control system design experience.
Job Preferred Skills
- Experience with remotely operated equipment.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems.
- Experience with Human Machine Interface (HMI) development
- Experience motion control and fine positioning equipment design.