|Reference # :||20-38255||Title :||Electrical Engineer|
|Location :||North Haven, CT|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/30/2020 / 11/29/2021|
|Job Title: Electrical Engineer|
Location: 195 McDermott Rd, North Haven, CT 06473
Duration: 12 Months
1) Can you please confirm your top skills sets required?
Education Required: BS / BA Controls, Electrical Engineering or Equivalent with Manufacturing/Electromechanical Engineering Focus
Years' Experience Required 3-5 Years
• The Electrical Control Engineer will be a point of contact for programming and troubleshoot PLC's, vision systems and data acquisition systems on new and existing production equipment.
• The Electrical Control Engineer will team with the Manufacturing Engineer and Maintenance to ensure optimal equipment operation, improve uptime, and product quality metrics.
• Must have experience in troubleshooting of DC Drives, VFD's, Servo Drives, PLC's and PC based control systems
• Experience with Allen Bradley, Cognex, Staubli, Yamaha Program, SCARA/6 Axis robots and start-up controls systems.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for providing daily support of Automated assembly equipment in support of high-speed automated assembly, form-fill and seal packaging, vacuum chambers, and final packaging/labeling operations in a Clean Room environment. The Electrical Controls engineer will support day to day production of absorbable and non-absorbable suture product families with specific regard to equipment troubleshooting, scoping equipment upgrades, and implementing OEE process enhancements that directly improve output, yield, and cost savings opportunities. The Electrical Control Engineer will be a point of contact for programming and troubleshoot PLC's, vision systems and data acquisition systems on new and existing production equipment. In addition to day to day support to meet production schedules, the Electrical Controls Engineer will support Capital Equipment upgrades, process development and process validations of new and current automated equipment. Duties include managing and/or participating in cross functional teams to accomplish project specific goals.
• Provide daily production support to set up, trouble shoot, repair, and monitor manufacturing assembly, packaging & vacuum drying related processes & equipment.
• Review manufacturing equipment and processes for improvement potential using prototyping new equipment redesigns and/or improved electrical technology then effectively manage change projects.
• Lead Process improvement projects related to existing manufacturing processes.
• Follow established guidelines and management direction with regard to engineering decisions and departmental/company policy.
• BS / BA Controls, Electrical Engineering or Equivalent with Manufacturing Engineering Focus
• Dynamic, positive attitude
• Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong communication, project management, and leadership skills
• Solid organizational, functional coordination and presentation skills
• Experience with Allen Bradley, Cognex, Staubli, Yamaha Program, SCARA/6 Axis robots and start-up controls systems in automated assembly equipment.
• Interface with Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance to maintain, troubleshoot, and improve controls systems (PLCs, HMIs, etc.) on the production floor to ensure optimal equipment operation and improve uptime and product quality metrics.
• Must have experience in troubleshooting of DC Drives, VFD's, Servo Drives, PLC's, servo and stepper motion control amplifiers controllers and position feedback devices and PC based control systems
• Experience with Rockwell PLC's /Safety PLC's (SLC/CompactLogix and ControlLogix Platforms) and supporting development software
• Solid experience in trouble shooting equipment using conventional diagnostic tools and PLC software.
• ? 10% travel to manufacturing sites and supplier visits required. (domestic).
• Experience in 6 axis joint and SCARA robotics and associated development software preferred.
• Assist in creating equipment specifications to vendors for quoting automated and manual equipment.
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Strong Computer skills
• Experience with vision systems (Cognex/Adept preferred)
Team Lead - Staffing
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.967.3510 |Cell: 651-634-1454
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision