Electrical Engineer - Job Description
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Electrical Engineers for our Phoenix, Arizona office. The role will be to provide responsive, diligent and collaborative support to our clients in the renewable power industry. We are seeking someone with experience in renewable energy projects, particularly in the solar and energy storage projects. The candidate will perform a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard engineering and design techniques for small and large scale solar PV, wind and battery energy storage projects.
- Design and draft single line diagrams, three-line diagrams, (AC & DC, LV & MV).
- Perform short circuit, arc flash, protection coordination and insulation coordination studies.
- But also being able to help with:
- Perform load flow studies (voltage drop, losses, reactive power needs).
- Perform grounding studies.
- Preparation of equipment specifications & inspection point plans
- Maintain firm standards and consistency as well as oversee other electrical designers.
- Coordinate with other project disciplines including civil & structural engineers.
- Support construction of the project by responding to contractor and owner requests including RFIs and submittal reviews.
Electrical Engineer - Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 5 years of relevant experience required.
- PE certification is required.
- Working knowledge of NEC 2020 & 2017.
- AC and DC electrical knowledge required, solar projects experience preferred. Substation knowledge is a plus.
- Strong project management, reporting and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Spanish is a plus.
- ETAP proficiency preferred.
- AutoCAD proficiency preferred.
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, and Nevada. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other non-job-related characteristic.Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.
Electrical Engineer (General)