This individual will be involved with cutting-edge Cable TV (CATV) headend equipment and set top box technology. This individual should be a high-energy, quick learner who enjoys a hand-on, high-speed work environment. Specifically, the responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with our corporate team to install and maintain CATV headend equipment.
- Optimize set top box testing and repair processes.
- Interface directly with the customer.
- Analyze technical requirements and effort associated with test systems and products.
- Generate various documents, including test procedures, schematics, flowcharts, and project status reports.
- Support local branch on technical requirements.
- Clear discriminatory approach to solving engineering problems.
- Understanding of analog, digital, and microprocessor circuits.
- Understanding of audio, video and CATV RF formats and circuits.
- Familiarity with Cable TV (CATV), Head-end and Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) technology.
- Familiarity with IP networks and Linux a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasional travel required.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field of science or commensurate experience.
- Internship or project experience with test engineering.
Apply today to join our dynamic team! CTDI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and has been a growing leader in the telecommunications field for over 40 years. Come put our successful history behind your career!