Franklin, Ohio small business Military/Aerospace Aviation Ground Support Equipment manufacturer seeks hands-on electrical design engineer to support the design, development, test, and troubleshooting of digital/analog circuits, Aircraft Power generation systems, and test equipment.
Broad skill sets, self-motivation, and willingness to handle various tasks in a demanding, fast paced environment. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and minimum 2 - 5 years work-related experience required. Hands-on mechanical ability a plus. Benefits (Vacation, Medical, 401K).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of the life cycle of new product development from concept, through design and development, testing, and product support.
- Analog circuit design, digital circuit design, and software design and troubleshooting. This includes interface to electro-mechanical systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate designs comply with product specifications.
- Conducts validation, verification, and qualification testing. Verifies designs are implemented with accurate consideration for power quality and performance, systems interfaces, physical environment, etc.
- Provides product support as appropriate by isolating faults and resolving design issues.
- Monitors the activities of subcontracted technical services.
- Document designs, specifications, engineering changes and test reports.
- Perform other duties and cross training as assigned.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning & organizing skills, decision making and time management skills
- Ability to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace dynamic environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Two to five+ years’ experience in electrical engineering product design and development
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Sense of ownership & urgency with projects and work assignments
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Travel to customers and suppliers occasionally (~10%).
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Ohio driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test
- Excellent Benefits, Health, 401K, Profit-Sharing, vacation, sick-days, etc.
Job Type: Full-time