12 Months+ contract
Please No Third-Party Calls; this position is open for corp to corp
Open to H1 Visa Transfer
Visa Sponsorship Available
Designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates electronic components and systems related to electric vehicle power train product space. Acts as an internal consultant providing instruction and technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process.
- Determines the technical feasibility of new product concepts. Prepares detailed project plans including technical objectives and approaches, design specifications, test specifications, schedule plans, project cost estimates and product cost analyses.
- Directs and coordinates all work by engineers, support personnel, and outside groups involving design, development, drafting, prototype construction, and test and evaluation of product concepts.
- Responsible for the electrical design team through all phases of the program from the proposal stage (including concept development as well as generating written technical proposals) to the end of hardware qualification.
- Will lead electrical design team through development of detailed performance specifications and technical designs, identify and implement qualification and acceptance test plans, lead problem solving efforts, and interaction with customer and supplier technical leads.
- May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Develops design process procedures and prepares information as needed in the design documentation process.
- Prepares schematics, product and component related specifications, and bills of materials as needed.
- Confirms accuracy of Bill of Material (BOM) and assembly data (CIM).
- Directs and coordinates the building of prototype products and systems.
- Responsible for determining component requirements appropriate to product.
- Confirms availability and facilitates acquisition of new components for builds.
- Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Responsible for determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment. May confer with research resources to clarify or resolve component problems.
- Develops, participates in and analyzes research to determine feasibility of proposed product specifications.
- Participates in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
- Develops test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- Mentors less senior engineers and technical support personnel in technical areas as required.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Develop and participate in process and departmental improvement to benefit the overall organization
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
- Experience developing linear and nonlinear device simulation models (Bipolar transistors, Field Effect Transistors (FETs), Metal Epitaxial Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MESFETs), High Electron Mobility Transistors (HEMTs), etc).
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) evaluation and countermeasure experience.
- Design experience in the following areas is required: high power circuit design (>1kW), understanding of battery charging circuit design, circuit design experience with high power motors (>1kW) required.
- Must be able to determine component requirements appropriate to product.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Must have the ability to function with multiple tasks and interface with other disciplines.
- Must possess broad understanding of main discipline and some understanding of other disciplines.
- Must have demonstrated aptitude for original ideas applicable to product and possess the ability to work at R&D level to test concepts and theories.
- Must possess good theoretical knowledge of problems / tasks required.
- Must have the ability to direct and coordinate manufacture or building of prototype products and systems
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation.
- Must have the ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.