NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer Position for our St. Paul, MN location. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and interested in team building, client relations, and continuous learning while applying a broad range of electrical engineering skills.
- Development of plans and construction specifications under the guidance of Sr. engineers.
- Prepare electrical design calculations for power distribution, lighting, and generator sizing.
- Prepare computer based electrical system models and analysis.
- Prepare design drawings and/or provide mark ups to drafting team or other project resources.
- Perform construction administration tasks.
- Must be able to travel to work-sites as needed or required.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers and designers.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- PE registration or EIT with the ability to obtain PE registration in the near future.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an architectural and/or consulting engineering design environment.
- Experience with low voltage systems such as fire alarm, lighting controls and others.
- Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of applicable engineering codes.
- Ability to perform short circuit analysis and arc flash studies using SKM.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- Strong desire to learn and take on responsibility.
- Must be legally able to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available with this position.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.