Engineering Specialist – Electrical
The successful candidate will help design, build, install and trouble shoot electrical control systems in manufacturing equipment and facilities. Will be responsible for understanding and safely working with electrical systems including PLC, Motion Control, Servo, Motor Control, Drives, and HMI’s. Travels to multiple plant sites throughout the US and Canada.
- Excellent technical and operational knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic equipment and systems within manufacturing environments
- General knowledge of PLCs, Motion Controllers, Motor Controls including Motor Starters, Variable Frequency, AC/DC Drives, Network Systems, and HMI’s.
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Ability to build/wire electrical control panels, test and debug systems
- Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts, parts lists, electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Working knowledge of computer systems and personal computers
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite applications – Work, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Familiar with NFPA 70: National Electrical Code
- Familiar with OHSA Machine Safety Regulations
- Ladder Logic, Basic and Function Block Programming experience
- CAD drawing experience
- Training skills in electrical trouble shooting
- Location near major airport
- Minimum two year vocational degree plus 5 years’ industry experience
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently or in groups
- Willing to travel to facilities within the US and Canada up to 25%
- US Driver’s license and able to acquire a US Passport