PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Initiate problem solving for new product designs and as well as existing products
- Responsible for developing, modifying and implementing standard operating procedures for hardware and system design
- Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to technical and industry standards
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements. Provide support in development and maintain configuration baselines for systems and subsystems.
- Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards
- Maintains logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
- Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics
- Responsible for the design and development of units from concept through qualification
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Perform other duties as required by more senior engineer(s), Project Engineer, or Program manager
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
Requires 10+ years of relevant experience
Requires a BS Degree in related field
Knowledge of interface and design documentation such as Functional block diagrams
Analog and Digital design experience
Clear understanding of Parts and materials requirements for Spacecraft
PCB design, layout, and fabrication documentation skills
Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
Excellent communication skills required
Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance maybe required.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.