Perform engineering evaluations and analyses, and make engineering decisions for all aspects of assigned tasks. Cognizant areas may include planning, designing, modeling, analyzing, documenting, and testing of nuclear, mechanical, structural or electrical components, systems and equipment and facilities. Work may include chemical or materials evaluations, design reviews, operations support, safety analysis, engineering methods and software development, and analysis of vendor's procedures and systems for quality control or manufacturing surveillance.
- BS degree in Electrical/Nuclear Engineering from an accredited college or university and a minimum of nine years of relevant experience for a principal position based upon exceptional performance trend; or
- BS degree in Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university with qualification as a Naval Nuclear Plant Operator and twelve years for a principal position based upon exceptional performance trend; or
- MS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university and a minimum of seven years of relevant experience principal position based upon exceptional performance trend;
Additional Required Skills:
- Hands on training with test and measurement equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with procedures associated with operation, calibration, and maintenance of instrumentation and control equipment.
- Previous prototype experience.
Job Preferred Skills
- Experience solving integrated system problems.
- Compatibility with field work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact positively with a variety of interfaces including Navy, supporting engineering, compliance and government representative personnel.
- Demonstrated successful teaming or influencing across organizational boundaries.
- Must be action-oriented, "can-do" approach that demonstrates initiative and ownership.