TRAX Test Services
Job Title: Electrical Engineer (RF)
Job Code: 2017:0402-053
Location: Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Business Sector: 005 – Developmental Engineers
Under limited supervision, this entry-level engineer performs Radio-Frequency (RF) systems engineering on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter or professional experts. Performs technical and planning tasks to characterize how a system will operate in the modern electromagnetic battlefield environment. Testing includes, but not limited to, radio frequency allocation and associate processes; intra-system electromagnetic compatibility; electromagnetic environment setup, troubleshooting, and operations; spectrum compatibility; and electronic attack (jamming). Specialty areas include RF engineering theory, concepts, and performance; design and development of RF testing methodologies; and programming and operation of RF automated instrumentation and test equipment. Other requirements include collection, reduction, and analysis of data necessary to characterize the performance of complex systems with regard to radio frequency issues. Perform other duties as assigned to support mission requirements.
Pay Rate: DOE
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirement
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to
support test missions.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance
for the duration of employment.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office software products
such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or Physics or Mathematics
with RF emphasis from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or
• Must have experience with advanced test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators,
and arbitrary waveform generators.
• Must have experience conducting and/or evaluating RF measurements on high power transmitters and
amplifiers such as power, frequency, and modulation.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.
• Must have demonstrated ability to perform their duties with a high level of attention to detail.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking
around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in
the section SOPs.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. unassisted.
• Master of Science degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or Physics or Mathematics with RF emphasis
from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university.
• Extensive experience conducting and/or evaluating RF measurements on high power transmitters and
amplifiers such as power, frequency and modulation, and intermod product characterization.
• Experience with Electronic Warfare testing.
• Experience developing scripts and software programs to control test instrumentation.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Other Job Information:
• TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
• TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory preemployment
drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the
duration of employment.
Opened on Web: June 5, 2017
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please visit the TRAX Test Services website www.traxintl.com and submit your online