Electrical Engineering Intern (Power Distribution)
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers is currently seeking a talented electrical engineering student for a spring/summer internship. Under the guidance of multiple experienced engineers, the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of utility distribution design. The position will involve data collection and assisting senior engineers with performing engineering consulting services in distribution systems for a wide range of electric utility clients including co-ops, public utility districts, investor owned utilities, municipalities, and others.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology
- Successful completion of junior level courses in power system analysis and/or power system protection
- Candidate is interested in consulting engineering and the electric utility industry
- Candidate must be willing to travel on occasion and work successfully in a customer focused, project oriented environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship
- Preference is given to applicants with any of the following: within 1 year of graduation, GPA above 3.3/4.0, power system courses covering topics such as three-phase power, load flow and reactive compensation, protective relaying, symmetrical components, transmission line theory, power system transients, dynamic stability, and power system electromagnetics
- Attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills will be critical for successful completion of tasks
- Prior internship and/or related engineering experience is a plus
- Students who have passed or are scheduled to take the FE/EIT exam will be strongly considered for this position
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.