Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is seeking a motivated, self-driven, and passionate Electrical Engineering Intern for a role within its VR hardware division. This team is working on leading edge technologies and exciting next generation head mounted displays (HMD’s) in the Virtual and Mixed reality (VR/MR) spaces. They are responsible for system hardware design and integration including the conceptualization, development, manufacturing, and testing of electrical assemblies. As an Electrical Engineering Intern you will be working alongside some of the most innovative and brilliant engineers in the industry developing, simulating, debugging and testing of production designs, electrical prototypes, and test beds. You will have the opportunity to work and gain exposure on sophisticated consumer products throughout various life-cycles of development. Join us in revolutionizing the next generation of virtual computing platforms!
1. Research, design and implement hardware to support or be used in HMD’s
2. Perform schematic capture, layout and conduct design reviews
3. Generate and release PCBA bill of materials and other engineering documentation
4. Assist engineers and partners in critical component selection
5. Support analyzing, testing, and validating of electrical hardware designs and assemblies
6. Create system diagrams, engineering requirements specifications and analysis documentation
7. Help execute electrical qualification and validation test plans and experiments
8. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
9. Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
10. Experience in EE fundamentals such as analog/digital circuit design, power, understanding of signals and systems, basic EM theory, and digital logic
11. Experience with lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, high speed probes, logic analyzers, power meters, data acquisition systems, and hot air chambers
12. Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
13. Prior internship experience
14. Experience with coding/scripting in either C/C++, Python, Ruby, Batch, Java, or other embedded software design
15. Experience with embedded logic controllers such as FPGA’s, micro-controllers, microprocessors, and multi-core ARM based SOC’s
16. Basic understanding of various communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, MIPI, etc.)
17. Design experience in analog, power, and digital design
18. Experience with cameras, sensors, and IMU’s
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.