Electrical Engineering Manager
Successful and growing OEM of sophisticated electro-mechanical equipment and systems is in search of a qualified Electrical Engineering Manager to head up their electrical engineering department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide hands on leadership; effectively guide, oversee and deliver product designs of desired performance in a timely manner.
- Research and introduce latest industry available technologies for usage (such as advancements in sensors and PCB boards, etc.).
- Contribute to company’s ‘system engineering effort’ and support engineering development roadmap for electronic subsystems.
- Improve product development process in Electrical Engineering group.
- Closely collaborate with mechanical engineering and software engineering to improve overall product development process and products.
- Manage evolution of company's custom platform to Soft PLC system.
- Adopt and apply industry product development stages (i.e. – PDR, DR, etc.)
- Collaborate with operations and service departments to meet target dates for customer orders and field changes.
- Provide ongoing production support.
- Manage the Electrical Engineering staff to ensure operating within the company policies, processes while meeting deadlines.
- Manage EE’s for proper documentation, revision and corrections. Ensure BOM’s are updated and corrected for future designs.
- Upgrade SW tools (Change from OrCAD to AutoCAD) to enhance integration with mechanical engineering.
- Establish cross training amongst Electrical Engineers.
- Responsible for design compliance with industry standards.
- Evaluate product development and designs for cost and availability.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 5+ years of design experience of industrial control systems; managerial experience is a plus.
- Strong desire to mentor and guide a team of Electrical Engineers.
- Working knowledge of Schematic capture systems such as AutoCAD, Inventor or SolidWorks required.
- Familiarity with ERP systems is a plus; Microsoft Dynamics – Axapta is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective collaboration with other team members.
- Ability to multi-task different projects, work independently and focus on details is essential for success.
- Possess a strong innovative spirit.