Stroh Corporation, an MMC Contractors Brand, is searching for an Electrical Estimator to join our construction division. We offer financial strength, stability, and national expertise while maintaining a local community feel. Competitive pay and benefits, employee ownership, and a strong culture are just a few of our perks... please apply to learn more!
Nature of Work
Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for construction projects. Routinely interact with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors in preparation of bids.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with review of proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Solicit subcontractor and supplier bids and interface with their representatives in order to receive responsive bids prior to bid letting.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentation meetings as requested.
- Interface with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment of the cost estimates.
- Assist with prospects/clients contact to obtain bids and confirm pricing.
- Participate in cost trend analyses to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Assist in updating estimating software programs.
- Exercise initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A minimum of a Bachelor s degree in a related field from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience.
Two to seven years or more of related work experience in electrical estimating is required.